Thursday, January 7, 2010

32 Pearly Whites Later...



I am back from Oregon - where my brother-in-law lives who is our family's dentist - and my teeth are now CLEAN! My last legit dental check-up was... I don't know if I should post this publicly, you're going to die when you hear this... in August of 2005. Yes, I was still 14 then.

Wow. I'm now going to have a moment of silence for my dear, poor teeth.
I was long overdue! I guess that's what happens when both of your parents are medically minded as opposed to dental-ly minded. Now, drumroll please! I didn't have any cavities. Zilch, zippo! That was seriously a miracle.

I absolutely loved seeing my nieces and nephews. I know I'm not supposed to pick favorites but my niece Malena just might be the most adorable kid I have ever seen. She is three and has the longest and most golden hair you'll ever see on someone that young. The people at church call her hair the "Sleeping Beauty hair" because it curls naturally at the bottom just like Aurora's. She played with me all afternoon before my flight and did not want to let me go - I have a video of her explaining to me why she thought the dolphin cookie cutter we found in the play kitchen looked like it should be a bunny cookie cutter instead, but I'm not sure how to upload it from my phone. I might do that sometime in the near future, it's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment