Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunny D on Steroids


I am now in the land of citrus, sun and scorpions!! :) I can't tell you how excited I am to be here. I am just itching to meet new people and to soak it all up (including the rays - bring on the skin cancer!).

For breakfast this morning, I made myself a fried egg (my favorite) and Nanette (the mom of the household where I am staying) made us fresh orange juice. When I say fresh, I mean completely pure and JUST squeezed - no sugar, no nothin', added. They have two long rows of citrus trees in their backyard, and these trees are just dragging their bellies from the weight of all the citrus. I told Nanette that I was going outside to take pictures of oranges and they all laughed. Did you notice the picture? That's me walking around barefoot in the winter! I am in heaven.

I don't know if you know this yet or not, but orange juice is my number one favorite food in the entire world. (Yes I realize it is a drink, but you consume it right? Therefore I think It can be considered a "food".) I am ALWAYS in the mood for it, and it's something you can drink any time of the day. And there really is nothing like fresh-squeezed orange juice - sweet enough to drink straight from the fruit but tart enough to still add some zing to the glass. I think I feel such an intense passion for OJ from having grown up here and being spoiled with fresh citrus all the time. Once you try Arizona oranges, you never go back!

When I walked outside to see if I would need a jacket before heading out to church, I about died. The air was borderline-warm, and I had forgotten what the ground looked like without leftover snow or ice from a recent storm. I went to church with a lightweight cardigan but barely even wore it - it just felt too good to cover up my arms. And we're still in January?!

Ahhhh, this IS the life!

P.S. My internship starts TOMORROW!! :S I am so nervous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment