Friday, January 15, 2010

My Heart Belongs To...

I am in love. Completely, irrevocably, wholly and truly. I wasn't able to pinpoint it at first, and I didn't fully discover it until moving down here. The buildup was gradual but strong, and crept under me until I realized that all that I am is made up of this love - this passion. I can't stop it now, and my love only grows more and more each day.

My heart belongs to the Southwest, and I know that it will always be a part of me. Let me tell you why.

I love:
- Cowgirl boots (let me say that again - I LOVE THEM!)
- Rodeos
- The smell of manure (hahaha yes I just said that)
- Vividly-colored sunsets
- The rare, warm rainstorm
- Cacti
- Red dirt
- Country music
- Turquoise - the color, the gemstone
- Bright colors (found in the desert, the sunsets and the sunny people)
- Fresh citrus
- OJ
- The smell of orange blossoms in the spring
- Hot weather
- Sun, sun, sun!
- Palm trees
- Stucco houses with red tile
- Adobe houses
- Ranches (I want to live on one someday)
- Horseback riding
- Mexican food
- Chips & Salsa
- Horchata (yeah, the last two get their own category) :)
- Spanish - the music, the language
- Latin culture (I love it!!)

Everything on that list has an incredibly special and dear place in my heart - I did not mention anything that I merely like; I truly love all of it. Read through it again - can you see why I am who I am?? The Southwest has changed me forever.

Ohhhh Arizona, you had me at high temperatures!!

(What? You thought this post would be about a boy?? How misinformed you were...) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment