

I am having a REALLY hard time narrowing this list down to only a few highlights because there are SO many things I am absolutely loving right now - but I'll keep the list fairly brief, don't worry. :) (Continued from lists Uno, Dos, Tres y Cuatro!)1. Raffaello
Meet my delicious European boyfriend: Raffaellos are individually-wrapped, sweet-talking Italian bon-bons that have bewitched my taste palette. They are little balls of milky goodness and a single almond at the center, surrounded by a coconut wafer shell and rolled in coconut. I love coconut like nobody's business, I love cream like nobody's business - I love Raffaello because it IS my business. (Excuse me... I just drooled a little.)
2. The internship
During the day while the kids are at school, I work as an intern - at the Europe-headquarters of a world-wide purse line. Seriously? Yes - I can't believe it either; every time I go to work in the morning I think about it, and each time I realize that the reality of everything I get to do here still hasn't hit me yet. I work with some of the most wonderful women you'll meet, purses GALORE (every girl's dream), a fast-paced business and all of my favorite design programs. And in only a couple weeks, I'm flying with the head honcho and her assistant to a European fashion tradeshow. Somebody please pinch me!!!!
3. Getting to be a mom/big sister
I can't even put this experience in words, it's only been a couple weeks since starting here yet I love being a nanny for these kids SO much. My experience has already been incredible because the family is just that amazing. The mom often does work from home, so she's around a lot but not always available - which creates the perfect balance of responsibility for me: half mom, half big sister. I keep house but get to do everything big sisters do - boss the siblings when needed, tease them, laugh with them, tickle them, play with them... and last night, as all 6 of us sat in a circle together playing games in the living room, I couldn't keep the huge grin on my face from growing because of how lucky I felt (I don't mean to sound cheesy, I'm just being honest!!). What I'm doing feels nothing like a job - it feels like I'm adopting myself into another wonderful second family that I get the chance to have in my life.
To say that I am loving life doesn't even do it justice!!!
1) I'm totally Jealous
ReplyDelete2) Are you only an intern? Nothing else?
3) This made me so happy! Thank you for writing this!
hahaha jacob maybe you should stop writing anonymous comments when you know that i'm well aware it's you!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should help them design a cute diaper bag. I like the style of the couple they have, but there are not alot of personality choices.
ReplyDeleteexcuse me? 1) you don't know it's me!...oh wait...darn it!
ReplyDelete2) Maybe whoever this anonymous person enjoys remaining anonymous! (thanks for spilling the beans to everyone!)
hey this is emily roberts. I was wondering how you got this nanny job. did you go through a program or did it come with your internship?
ReplyDelete