


Continued from previous lists Numero Uno y Dos. :) Here are a few of my favorite things, and why I've loved them recently in particular:
1) Growing. No, I'm not talking about my height... (I'm praying really hard I won't grow anymore - I like where I'm at, no more inches on this girl please!!) I'm talking about my babies - my little sunflower seedlings that are growing in a teacup on the windowsill right now. :) Every day I check them and make sure the soil's moist, and for the past couple of weeks I've been watching them grow. There is something therapeutic and rejuvenating about having something dependent on your nurture and care for its growth.
2) Bargains. My sunflowers are shooting up fast - so I had to go out and purchase a sufficient pot until I can take them back home to plant them in deeper soil. This pot is big, beautiful and has a subtle, cream-colored glaze - a perfect complement to any flower. And the best part? $0.75. That's no typo, either. :) (Thanks, DI!!)
3) Getting a fat lip. Let me clarify this one: getting a fat lip when it has a fun story behind it. :) This last Saturday I went horseback riding with a bunch of friends from my ward, and it was incredible. We rode all over this little mountain that had a gorgeous view at the top. And I'm talking gorgeous. (Picture this: the majestic Tetons in the distance... and a wide, winding river running through a rich, green pasture that seemed as wide as the mountain range itself. It was absolutely picturesque.) The majority of the time we took a pretty leisurely pace - but we did get to ride hard and fast, too. :) At the end of the ride, we took the horses into the corral to take the saddles off and get ready to head home. I had lifted one of my stirrups up into the seat of the saddle so I could unfasten the straps underneath the horse's belly. My friend Tucker was trying to help me on the other side of the horse, and without looking he flipped the stirrup back... which whacked me straight in the mouth! Poor guy felt pretty bad about it - but I was laughing and loving the fact that I would get to tell people where my fat lip came from. How often do you get to say you got hit in the mouth with your own stirrup??
Oh andddd: life is good. Crazy, chaotic, run-you-into-the-ground busy... but still really good. :)
You have such a cute perspective on things! I love it. We miss Big Abby! So fun to catch up with you on your blog!
ReplyDelete