(I'm beginning to think I probably need to title these in English now... How high can people normally count to in Spanish, 5? 10? Hmmm...) 1) My dad. I don't get a lot of personal time with my dad, as our schedules rarely line up. But this last week he was in Idaho Falls, giving a talk at a medical conference - and I had the opportunity to drive down and meet up with him for a bit. Getting to see him reminded me of how lucky I am to have a dad like mine. This guy is an absolute angel, I'm telling you - he's incredible. He has a heart of gold and, together with my mother, raised me right. I'm not saying I'm an amazing person - I'm saying that my parents are wonderful, and did the very best they could. And today, I'm focusing on my gem-of-a-father. He's a big tenderheart and will do anything in the world for me, and the rest of my family. I can't even think of a time he's ever raised his voice at me; I'm not even sure he knows what a temper is. He's brilliant, wise, and can't be shaken in the slightest with the Gospel - a spiritual giant in every sense. I love him and respect him more than any man I personally know. (And if you can't tell from all of that up there, I'm a TOTAL daddy's girl.)
2) Ice cube trays. A pack of two (pictured): $0.99 total. Dual purpose: perfect jewelry organizer, keeps you cool on the side. (I was paid by the company to say this, obviously.)
3) White Christmas lights. I came home late Friday night from being in two concerts back-to-back, and hadn't made any plans for the rest of the evening. On a whim, my roommate Kelly and I decided to have a night out on the town. After doing everything we had in mind, we drove down Main Street - a small, straight stretch of road with only a handful of stop lights. During the holidays, the town lights up the trees at night lining Main Street - and each December, I'll find any excuse to include that road on my route. She and I sat in the car parked against the curb - looking out through the windshield at all those soft white bulbs that lit up the little shops downtown, laughing together about things until our stomachs hurt... and in that moment, nothing could have made me happier.
P.S. Have I mentioned yet that I am SO happy it's Christmastime?! It's one of my favorite holidays of the year. Love love LOVE.
P.P.S. I'll give you a gold star if you can guess what one of my favorite colors is based off of my jewelry in the photo... :)
Turquoise! And you used the wrong "road." But I still love you and can't wait to see you next week!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your lists! I have loved everyone one of them and can't wait to read more. You, my friend, are one of my favorite people. I love and am grateful for you more than you know!
ReplyDelete