Saturday, August 27, 2011

Little Reminders

I showed up tonight at the movies and realized I was a little overdressed, having come straight from something else. I felt kind of like a rebel - running out from the theater into the wet night, defying the weather. We ran through little pools of summer rain - me in my pumps and a pencil skirt - laughing about and loving together the movie we'd just seen, my best friend and I.

Driving home under that lightning-lit sky, smelling the rain seeping into asphalt and belting my lungs to country music, I leaned into the headrest and thought of how blessed I've been - and I couldn't stop the smiles from coming.

Doesn't take much to make me happy -
but dang, I've sure been given more than I could ask for.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you Abby!!! I love running in the rain and jumping into puddles!!

    ReplyDelete