Friday, October 29, 2010

Red Robes & PB Oreos

It's 1:30 am, and I find myself sunken deep into our never-ending couch next to my roommate whom I love and adore. I have a bowl of peanutbutter Oreos resting on my belly and I'm wrapped in my plush, red robe - my favorite, 4-dollar red robe. We're watching "Tammy and the Bachelor" - my legs stretched out on the coffee table, feet warm inside polka-dotted socks... and I start to laugh. I laugh because the movie is funny, I laugh because I'm tired. But I laugh mostly because it comes - it's bubbling over and I can't help it. I laugh because I feel free and so happy that I have what I do. And right then, all wrapped up and a mess of curls piled on top of my head, I'm laughing because it was a smile that burst - and I'm smiling because I have the whole world in the palm of my hands.

2 comments:

  1. querido abbie,

    so... i just found out that you have a blog! and i LOVE it... and the more i see of you, the more i think we need to hang out. because i LOVE all of your songs, i love old movies like "tammy and the bachelor," AND i make lists of books that i read too!!!!!!!!!

    te amo!
    -jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. querida jess,

    i just found your comment and i love YOU!!!! haha you made my day!! we definitely need to hang out... STAT! and i don't mean just in spanish class... :) haha!! seriously though, soon??

    con carino,
    abby

    ReplyDelete