
It's not an unnatural phenomenon: you wake up the morning of your birthday, and you are supposed to feel different but you almost never do. It never really hits you until the next birthday, when - just as you are finally used to telling people your current age - the year takes its toll and adds another mark onto your tally.
But this birthday... this birthday was different! I woke up, and felt different - knew something was different. I was ready for this birthday, had been wanting that other year added onto my tally for a while - and finally, it was HERE. That alone set this birthday apart from others. I feel like it's a big jump from the last birthday and a huge turning point, a whole different chapter begun in my book - and I'm ready for it. :)
One thing I was not prepared for however was the rest of the day. I feel like the luckiest girl alive from all the love I received; I want to brag about the people I love and share my highlights of the day because really, I got more than I deserved or could ever wish for!!
1. An amazing, wee-hours-of-the-morning conversation with my roommate :)
2. Phone calls at the stroke of midnight from two of my favorite people in Arizona :)
3. Getting heart-attacked by my roommates (and then leaving the confetti everywhere in my room for the next few days)
4. A banner plastered on the wall of my apartment complex saying "Honk to Wish Abby Happy Bday" from my best friend :)
5. A letter from my BFF (yes, we call each other that - he's really cool though so don't worry) with a caricature drawing of me doing my famous "Prime!"
6. Special socks and a glue gun from my sister that I was SO stoked to get!! (You know you're getting old when you're excited to get a glue gun for your birthday... hahaha!!) :)
7. Peanutbutter-chocolate (my favorite combination!!) brownies & a visit from my FHE brothers
8. A call from my brother and sister-in-law in China whom I love and adore
9. Cookies & cards from my photo girls (that have been and forever will be with me in all our art classes!)
10. A call that I had been looking forward to from a particular person not here that totally made my day :)
11. Getting "Feliz CumpleaƱos" sung to me in Spanish class
12. The many texts, e-mails, calls and Fbook wishes from everyone :)
13. A marbled, raspberry-chocolate cheesecake Cocoa Bean cupcake from my roommate
14. Flowers delivered to me from my amazing friend in Arizona
15. Spanish sweetbread from my Spanish friend
16. A phonecall with my darling brother/buddy-bear TJ singing "Happy Birthday" to me :) (he melts my heart)
17. Arctic Circle dinner (tradition!!) :) with my best friend
18. Sammy's pie shakes with the roommates
19. Cake mix, "highs & lows" and "favorites" with the boys & roomies
20. A surprise visit to finish off the day :)
And that isn't even all of it!! You've spoiled me rotten - and even since then, I've STILL been getting birthday wishes, love and gifts... I love you all so much and feel SO loved!! Thank you for making my birthday absolutely wonderful! :) I am so blessed to know all of you and feel lucky to have you in my life!!
Here's to the best birthday yet, thanks to all of you incredible people that I love dearly... and here's to the amazing year ahead!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment