
I just want to say that tonight was amazing. I had a leftover headache (still recovering from that nasty cold!), but I barely even noticed. Here's why:
Coming home, I walked up to my front door to find a giant white envelope on the mat. Lo and behold, it had my name on it. :) My gem-of-a-friend Rachael had sent an oversized Valentine's Day card to me, all the way from wintery Utah. Getting mail is the best, but getting an oversized card from your darling best friend?? Even better!! Not to mention the hilarious cartoons that she had added to the inside (poking fun at boys that I've dated in the past - Rach I got SUCH a kick out of those!!), along with a super sweet and heartfelt letter that meant so much to me. Rachael I love you. That card is now hanging on my wall across from my bed so I see it every day. :)
I hadn't even opened the card yet though when I walked into the kitchen to the delicious scent of homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies wafting from the oven. That wasn't the only tantalizing thing in the kitchen - on the counter there was a bowl of fresh green grapes, a loaf of pumpkin bread and a pot of vegetable chowder. Are you kidding me? To heck with my headache!!
Oh yes, and it only gets better! :)
I finish my delicious meal that Nanette had made us (thank you, Nanette! You are such a wonderful cook!) and glance out the window, catching the last hints of purple in stormy clouds that had been brewing and bustling all day. I dashed into my room to grab my camera and climbed the jungle gym outside to get the best view. The picture you see here is the product. Sure you can see my neighbor's house, the telephone wire and it's not a professional shot (come on, it's a backyard picture) but check out those colors!! This is just the beginning, my friends. Arizona is famous for their sunsets and I am STOKED for the heat to rev up so the colors intensify, too.
I go back to my room and I've missed a call from my dad. He says he is in Arizona and wants to see me, but after talking over our schedules we realize that neither of ours match up while he's here - so we talk instead (I'll see him before I leave for school again so it's not a huge deal). He sends me an e-mail after (complete with smiley faces), :) saying he was glad we got to at least talk on the phone since we've both been super busy lately. I haven't been able to talk to my dad much since I've been here or even before since he's been gone a lot, so just that brief call and e-mail meant a lot to me. I love and think the world of my dad.
It's the simple things in life. :) What a wonderful day.
this picture is beautiful.
ReplyDeletedon't you just love days like these?
I want to hear more about your amazing internship?
I bet you are learning and growing so much
how are things with trav?
i love that boy
actually.. i love you two together.
adorable
miss you greatly
I love you! And that picture is gorgeous- even from your backyard :)
ReplyDeleteCall me please?? I think we need to playyy!
you are gorgeous! xoxo