Friday, November 29, 2013

More Than Enough

Coming home from my mission has been both wonderful and very (and that's an understatement) difficult - it is definitely harder than going out! But coming home has opened the door to new opportunities for growth and progression; I know that as much as I loved serving a mission, I need to be here now. Thinking of all of the opportunities and blessings I've been given in coming home has helped me to be happy to be here, even when I might still miss Wisconsin terribly. I'm learning, I'm growing, and I've been incredibly blessed.

"No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it."
{President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, October 2012 General Conference}





I am grateful for...


My family.

The blessing of finding and buying a car.

Seeing my favorite state again 
(who now ties with Wisconsin, I'll have you know). :)

Getting to spend time with some of my favorite people in that favorite state.

Being able to work as an EFY counselor all summer long - 
and for all the wonderful friends I made & learned from there. 


 Seeing my German family again.

Getting back into the great outdoors.

My roommates - I've never had better ones.
We are our own little family, and I love them all.

My amazing and thoughtful friends (special thanks to Rachael & Eric, 
my roommates, and Jared!) who made my birthday so much fun! 


Getting to see people again that I taught on my mission - 
and witnessing how much they've grown.


Being blessed to have a great job as an editor/copywriter
(and consequently sometimes feeling like Lois Lane). :)

Getting to do my photography business again, 
and working with such great (and good looking!) clients.

Finally getting to eat another good brat, 
something I've missed ever since my mission (thanks Dalton!!).

Meeting and learning from some amazing men (more than just in these photos) - 
who've reminded me that there ARE good guys out there. 


Being involved with Special Needs Institute, 
and feeling my heart get bigger from all that love.


Getting started on Family History, and helping others get involved too - 
something I've wanted to do ever since coming home from my mission.


It's been an adjustment, but it's still been so good. I'm happy to be where I am and I am happy with where I'm going. I'm grateful for what Heavenly Father has given me - it is MORE than enough; I have been very blessed.


"To live with gratitude ever in our hearts is

to touch heaven."

{President Thomas S. Monson, October 2010 General Conference}

No comments:

Post a Comment