I met a girl in passing a little while ago who was from Wisconsin. She said the state could be defined by:
- Harley Davidsons
- rifles
- the Green Bay Packers
- cheese
- stubborn farmers
...and it made me beam like a proud Italian mama - I felt like I could burst, it made me so happy. Add dairy farms, old barns and silos, and I kid you not - I could not have hand-picked a more perfect place. I'm an American girl, and this is a real red-white-and-blue list.
I love hearing people try to warn me that it's bitterly cold, that the people there are stubborn, that Milwaukee is a rough place; all of it just makes me love Wisconsin even more. I've researched and planned my wardrobe to a T, I am going to LOVE those people like no other, and this white girl can speak a little ghetto. My mission call was no mistake - I know that this is where I am supposed to go.
I cannot wait for Wisconsin - I cannot wait to get out there and to share with them what has made me happier than anything else.
Starting tomorrow...
I will be a MISSIONARY!!!!!!! :)
These next 24 hours could not pass more quickly for me!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
Abby, I'm so excited for you!! Say hello to Green Bay for me when you go there :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!! One of my best friends got called to the same mission so look for a Sister Crossley :) Her first name is Kaylee. ENJOY IT! You will be wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you Abby! Thank you for coming down for the funeral, especially when I know you are busy getting ready for your mission. It meant the world to my family. Go and rock as a missionary, I know you will and I know you will love Wisconsin! Can't wait to read letters via blog! Love you!
ReplyDeleteStaci