Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rich

(There's a song that you need to listen to before reading any further. It's simple, yet so deep and beautiful.
So tune out all outside distractions - put life on pause for a minute - and listen. It's "Reverie" by Claude Debussy.)

Where I lived the past few months, the family had a beautiful Yamaha piano - brand new, glossy and gorgeous sound to it - with headphone capabilities. I've never found a piano with headphones that had a beautiful sound - but this one sure did. Once I'd let myself touch the keys, I knew I'd keep coming back.

When the kids were in bed, I'd slip those headphones on and I was in my own little world. I started playing "Reverie", and it was something that I couldn't get enough of. It's one my fingers really felt emotion for, and it was a song that was just so full and satisfying at the end of the day.

It was in those quiet nights - when only the person inside those headphones could hear the music - that I realized what I'd been feeling this past little while.

Rich.
Life has been so rich and full lately.

I don't mean in a monetary sense; I mean in almost everything else -
laughter
love
purpose
direction
opportunities
relationships
feeling
blessings
and future plans.

You need money to survive, but beyond covering the basics...
how much of it do you really need, when you have a list like that?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to hear all of your stories. You are one amazing girl. I am so glad you are so happy my dear!

    ReplyDelete