THIS is the dryer in the house I'm living in for the next few months. Imagine how overwhelmed and confused I must have felt when first seeing this - actually, imagine how overwhelmed and confused I STILL feel. (I just glanced at the picture again and had to breathe into a paper sack to prevent myself from hyperventilating.)
1 American
+ absolutely no background knowledge in German
+ excessively complicated dryer cycle options cluttered onto the face of 1 German dryer
= NO BUENO.
But really, people: I am living in Europe - and the hardest part of my day today was not understanding how to use the dryer. It's a hard life I tell you.
P.S. There's a cycle option (not pictured) entitled "Schon" - directly translated, this means "Already" or "Yet". The mom here tells me that to this day, she still doesn't know what this option entails. Maybe one day I will brave the unknown...
(P.P.S. The mom and I actually got a good, long laugh about this dryer tonight - I haven't laughed that hard in a REALLY long time, holy cow. But you're not supposed to know that I somehow took great pleasure out of my own woes - so you didn't hear it from me...)
Too bad you aren't in Utah! I'll bet you wish you were back in Utah huh? I would if I were you!
ReplyDeleteso jealous of your life! ... but not of your dryer. hope you are having the time of your life! i love you dear
ReplyDelete