
I have been growing and thinking in leaps and bounds. Here's what I've been up to lately, and what may be on the radar for the next little bit of my future:
1. I forgave a friend for something huge today. It doesn't stop their actions from still hurting me, but I am already beginning to heal. It's amazing to me how much of a burden forgiving someone can lift off of your heart. I feel overwhelmed and blessed right now - sad, but only for the friend. I am not sad for myself - I am truly happy; I am mending.
2. Around this time next year, I will be filling out papers to go on my mission!!!!! (This one deserves extra exclamation points because even just thinking about it absolutely THRILLS me!!!) :) There is nothing I want more right now!!!
3. Next spring (January-April), there is a 50/50 chance that I will be in Mexico teaching children English. I haven't decided yet whether or not I need to be staying home to work and save extra money for my mission during this time or whether or not I want to take this opportunity and run with it. This is RIGHT up my ally!! Mexico + kids + Spanish + service = sounds INCREDIBLE!!
4. I bought a couple different mineral foundations (powder) this weekend to try out but guess what? Turns out I am just not a foundation person. Minimal make-up for me, please! My poor husband will be stuck with a wife that doesn't like wearing foundation. Hope that's not a problem with him. :)
5. I am going to the Chicago Cubs game against the Texas Rangers on Tuesday!! Their Spring Training is at Hohokam Stadium down here, and my adopted "papa" Robert is the head honcho of it all so he's getting us into the game! Woohooooo!! :)
6. Sugar and spice and everything ice...ing? :) Look at that frosting mouth!! Abby-lou (or Abby-dabby-doo, etc - every name I was called as a little girl too!), :) one of the grandkids of the family where I am staying, has the most darling personality. Tonight at family dinner I just HAD to run back to my room and grab my camera because who wouldn't want to just eat her up??
Just looking at all of that up there, I can't help but feel that life is good!! :) I have a lot to be grateful and excited for!!
P.S. Arizona doesn't have Daylight Savings - that's right, our clocks stay the same allllll year round. Just another reason why I love it down here. :)
Ok- 2 thoughts: 1. please please PLEASE do Mexico. Seriously, I think it would be the absolute funnest thing in the world if we were together! 2nd. You don't even need foundation, you have perfect skin! And i love you!!
ReplyDeleteahhh mission? no way! You will be incredible. I didn't know that was in your thoughts? If a certain someone comes home will that change?? Abby you are adorable! I love reading about your neat experiences! Ps i vote mexico too!
ReplyDeletekaitlyn i know i would absolutely love it if i could!! how are you planning on paying for it? and you are a sweetheart, whatever!! :) i just love you though!!
ReplyDeletesarahjane yes that has been in my thoughts more and more lately! it just seems like a wonderful thing and i would absolutely love to if i were supposed to. i don't know if that certain someone would want to date me when he gets home... and thanks for being such a darling :) i love your comments!!
A MISSION?!?!?!?!?!!??! ABBY howcome you have never told me about this before!! thats SOOOOOO awesome!! :D and I am glad that I am in your pictures of people you love, it makes me happy!!!! :D haha
ReplyDeletehahaha nathan i have talked about this before!! it is not a new concept! :) and well you are there because i LOVE you!!! :)
ReplyDelete