Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Love List

10 Things I Love About Christmas (not in any particular order):

1. When I put my feet so close and so long next to the fire that they feel like they are burning (not kidding, I love it).
2. Schmaltzy, old-fashioned Christmas music. I'm talking Frank Sinatra, Brenda Lee - all that good stuff. It gets me nostalgic and makes everything seem perfect.
3. Christmas tree lots. I must have had good experiences with them as a kid because for some reason these have a really good connotation for me (not to mention that they smell fanTAStic!).
4. Cooking as a gift to others. I love cooking and I love it even more when I'm cooking for someone else!
5. Peppermint ice cream and egg nog. They only come around during Christmas and they are both soooo delicious.
6. Dressing up for Christmas parties. I can't explain it - I just love the satin, jewels, sequins, colors and just the concept of looking your best for this very special occasion. :)
7. My brothers (and dad) getting together and cracking puns. As much as I say I don't like it... I'll admit it - I do!
8. Researching and finding (or better yet, making!) the perfect gift for someone. I absolutely love doing this - there is a certain satisfaction from it that you can't find anywhere else.
9. Secret Santa shopping. I love finding something that someone in need truly needs, and then being able to give it to them without getting credit for it. It's way better than them knowing who you are - so much more rewarding.
10. The Charlie Brown Christmas movie. I love the cartoon, the soundtrack... I love it all!

2 comments: